Most people realize that food is the fuel for the body, but only a few people really take what they eat seriously. What you eat is directly proportional to the way you feel, so in order for your body to function properly, it must digest all of the different foods that you consume; the body has to absorb all the nutrients and vitamins to be of use.
There are approximately 37 trillion cells that make up the human body, and they all need to be nourished in order to grow and multiply, Cells are fed with the nutrients found in the foods we eat, and the process of extracting those nutrients occurs in the digestive system.
Very simply, when you eat a hamburger, the digestive system absorbs the protein, carbs, vitamins and minerals and the rest is disregarded, and it has to be healthy to accomplish this. If the digestive system is not up to par, the nutrients won’t be extracted, and naturally, bad health will be the result,
When the body is not digesting properly, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, diverticulitis, bloating, indigestion, constipation, acid reflux, and colitis will occur. What most people don’t realize is that your body is trying to tell you that your digestive system is having problems digesting the fuel or good that you are putting into it. These signs occur because the food you have consumed is not being broken down or the nutrients extracted, which is not good.
Here are the Top Ten worst foods for your digestive tract because they are not digested properly.
1. Greasy, deep-fried foods (sorry!)
2. Processed foods like white bread or macaroni
3. Red chili peppers
4. Milk – specifically containing lactose .
5. Artificial sweeteners – saving calories is not worth the problems.
6. Alcohol – has absolutely no benefits or nutrients.
7. Super sweet foods – including chocolate.
8. Super salty foods – especially fried foods.
9. Corn – is high in cellulose, a fiber that the human stomach can’t break down.
10. Coffee – can cause heartburn, acid reflux, inflammation, and dehydration.
Understandably, these foods are the favorites of many, but to decrease sicknesses and illness, it will be necessary to avoid them or to eat them only in moderation. Consider replacing them with fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, which are healthy. By simply avoiding the Top Ten Worst Foods for digestion, you are taking a giant step towards Increasing the productivity of digestion and your overall health and energy.